I’m Julien from France. My passion for flying started when I was a kid and discovered the game Flight Simulator. Since then, I’ve probably played several thousand of hours, and I’ve never stopped dreaming about flying.
I became a private pilot in 2010. Since then, I’ve been flying in France, Germany, Denmark and Sweden. I’ve also flown as a “visitor” (with a local pilot) in Iceland, Singapore, South Africa, Namibia and Argentina. I currently have logged more than 230 hours of flight time.
The airfields I’ve used are detailed on the map below. Some have a video attached, click on the pinpoint to view.
My qualifications are:
- Private pilot (European PPL)
- VFR (visual flight rules)
- Single-engine piston
- French and English radio communications
- Pitch propeller
- Retractable undercarriage
- EFIS (glass cockpit): Aspen and G1000
I’m allowed to fly these aircrafts:
- Cessna 150 (2 seats)
- Cessna 172 (4 seats)
- Cessna 172 RG “Cutlass” (4 seats with more range and higher speed)
I am currently studying the ATPL theory. Getting this theory certificate will allow me to get additional qualifications. For instance: IR (instrument rating), ME (multi-engine), and perhaps CPL (commercial).
In addition, I have about 40 hours of non-official experience on an Airbus A320 simulator.
Jump-seat in airliners
Finally, I flew a number of times as observer in airliner cockpits, either during take-off, landing, cruise or for the whole flight, in the following aircrafts:
- Fokker 70 (AMS-BLL)
- ATR-72 (MRS-CLY, LYS-MRS)
- ERJ-135/145/170/190 (CDG-NUE route x4, CDG-BRE route x2, RGA-AEP in Argentina)
- Avro-RJ85 (CDG-NUE route)
- B737 (CDG-AMS)
- Airbus A320 family (at least CDG-BLL x3, CDG-CPH, CDG-MAD x3, CDG-HAM x2, CDG-MUC, CDG-BOD, CDG-LYS)
- Boeing B777 (CDG-EZE, CDG-SIN x2)
- Airbus A330 (CDG-GIG)
- Airbus A340 (CDG-DTW)
I just love flying and sharing this passion. The smile on my friends’ faces when we fly together is the greatest reward I can get.
Last update: January 11, 2015